Friday, March 21, 2014

Its been seven days now

And whole foods all the way. No dairy, eggs, fish, animal or bird products have passed my lips. No salt, no white flour or white sugar either. How about that! What have I noticed? Several things;
·      I am really enjoying this new way of eating
·      I have 0.5 kg lighter. Unintentional but good
·      I feel good and have lots of energy
·      I don’t have cravings and don’t feel hungry
·      I am liking eating Iranian and Turkish foods and am loving finding recipes
·      I am beginning to get a handle on the different food groups and how they go together nutritionally
·      I am enjoying black coffee!!! After being a dedicated latte drinker for many years
·      I am drinking less wine and less often

I am trawling whole food websites and collecting whole food recipes of things I am looking forward to making, and eating. This weekend I am trying a roasted tomato soup recipe Maddy had published in the Nelson Leader; go Maddy http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/communities/9849151/Make-the-most-of-tomatoes

I think I am becoming food obsessed.
View from the cottage door

Friday night at the farm. We arrived a little later than usual this evening (6.30pm) to a beautiful still clear light autumn evening. All our hard work of the past seven years was on display. Proud moment. Here, with pictures.
the vegetable garden
Produce from the garden

Dinner is to be couscous with roasted vegetables.
the bbq chef at work

Veges roasting in the bbq
the Kale and zucchini went in last
the chopped mandarin and mint (both from the garden) ready for the couscous. I toasted some almonds, stirring all the time. The turned the heat off and added the saltanas, to warm them.
Couscous ready to eat

The onion skins were all that was left!
The roasted vegetable


A still Wairarapa evening





No comments: